Mar 17, 2008

More Ways to Help!

Some of you have asked more ways you can contribute to Breathtaking Ministries’ cause:

Here are two!

1) Cystic fibrosis

As all of you know, because of having numerous complications due to having cystic fibrosis (CF, I had to endure a double lung transplant. My heart is for seeing people come to know Christ as Savior and for them to understand God’s sovereignty even amidst human suffering, but I cannot help but also be drawn toward raising awareness for CF as well. Approximately 30,000 people in the United States currently have CF. The life expectancy has raised dramatically since I was born in 1986, but still to this day, the median life expectancy is still only 37 years of age. Hundreds (if not thousands) of people die each year, some because of lack of health care and others simply because no cure has been found for CF at this time.

On May 17, 2008 there will be a Great Strides Walk to raise money for cystic fibrosis here in Lima, OH. If you would like to be a walker and join ‘Team Breathless’ at the Ottawa Metro Park at 9:00am that day, please go to Amber's G.S. Walk homepage and click on ‘join my team’ to become walker! If you cannot attend but would still like to give a tax-deductible monetary donation toward cystic fibrosis research, please click on ‘click to donate’. Your monetary donation will go directly to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the leader in raising money for CF research.

I am also in touch with several different chapters of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and am praying that Breathtaking will be able to be used in the lives of thousands of people with the life-threatening illness! We can pray for a cure for CF and also that God would continue to use Breathtaking’s message to further His Kingdom.

2) Organ/Tissue donation awareness

April is national organ and tissue donation month! J I am currently in the process of getting a hold of every single newspaper here in Ohio, asking if they’d consider covering my story during the month of April to raise awareness for CF and organ donation, while also giving me the opportunity to spread the renown of Jesus Christ! J Please pray for me, as I try to get all of this accomplished in the next week or so!

As far as how you can help, please consider becoming an organ/tissue donor if you have not already done so. Donate Life America is a great website to use to learn all the facts regarding donation and also has the info you need to sign up in your particular state! If you just click on ‘commit to donation’ a page will pop up with every state in the country. Please click on your state and go from there! I can’t – and don’t want to – co hearse people into becoming donors, but I would ask that you know the facts about donation before you make your decision!!

If at any time this month (or any other time) you do decide to become an organ and tissue donor, and feel comfortable disclosing your decision, please email me and let me know!

Again, I know that organ/tissue donation awareness may not seem like a route that one can promote the Gospel through, but rest-assured, it is! The Lord has given me this tremendous testimony for a reason, and I’m trying to use it to the upmost for His glory!!

Thank you for taking time to check in on what’s happening. I hate bombarding all of your email inboxes with a bunch of emails, but I find these two matters far from frivolous! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me!! J

As always, I covet your PRAYERS the most! JThank you for partnering with me!

No comments: