Aug 25, 2008

Hosanna In The Highest...

My life could not be more unpredictable, more different than what I had expected if you would have asked me 3 months ago what my summer would have in store...and you know what?

I love it - all of it.

I don't even know where to begin; most of you know small details but only a few know the intimate, raw details of what has been going on.

So, here's a recap of the past few months in summary:

1) The Lord has been opening many doors lately for His glory, causing me to be on the road almost non-stop at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!
2) The Lord is asking me to step out of my comfort zone and actually believe that my dreams could come true, meaning in particular that He has placed a man in my life who could very possibly one day - not too far away - be my husband. Writing those words brings a ton of emotions to the surface, but it feels good to finally write them! We are prayerfully considering the Lord's will in our lives and laying our plans and what we want aside; all we really want individually and corporately is His presence, more than anything. There will be much more on that issue in the future, I'm sure. Just know I haven't ever felt more blessed in my life and cannot believe that He has allowed me to share the past few months with a man who loves Him above all else and treats me with nothing but respect, a man who lets me come home from being on the road and just vent, a man who prays over me and prays that one day - with our without him - I will be able to have a biological child with my husband...it's pretty much all just...for ack of better words...breathtaking. *sigh* For now, just please pray for me and for him!
3)The Lord is teaching me so much about Himself! I cannot begin to share with you the spiritual, emotional journey I have been on the past several months, especially since March or so. There has been so many 'ups and downs', emotionally-speaking, but the Lord knows the cry of my heart has not changed: Just to know Him more, Lord, that's all I ask.

Jesus,
I love you, not because of the blessings You have bestowed upon my life the past few months, but because through You IS life. Oh, Father, take this broken vessel and continue to humble me before You, as You glorify Yourself through my words and actions. Teach me to be a servant. Continue to teach us all to
get out of the way and just let You move.


For His glory alone,
Amber Nicole Metz

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber oh my word where do I start? Blessings, I pray God's best blessings to you and your new friend. And what he has done for your life is such an inspiration to others and you being so young. God Bless you!! I have just ordered your book and am so excited to read it. I found this link in 2nd Wind Org where I am a new member. I am a Christian also but have not always walked the walk. I think I will learn much from you. And I pray my walk will be a better one for his Glory. Keep up the great work hon.
Hugs,
DC Stanley Cortland, NY

Jayson H. said...

Thank you so much for opening my eyes to what has been right in front of me my entire life.

Anonymous said...

Father we praise You for this young woman who loves You with every breath she takes...We ask now that You would complete the healing in her which You have started in Jesus name...We thank You Lord that it is only You that is to be praised...You have saved us, given us new life in Jesus name...We Glory in You O Lord...Father continue to use this lil sis for Your witness to many, both the saved and unsaved...We thank You Lord for every breath You have given us and also that one day soon we will see You face to face...Halleluiah !!! In Jesus name amen...