Nov 17, 2008

No One Ever Told Me...

No One Ever Told Me....
  • 3 years after my transplant, I would be living a life I could have only dreamed, and better yet, completely in the center of God's will in doing so.
  • My 'pipe dream', as it was named, of me being on Life Today would become a reality after 3 years of fasting/praying and honestly sometimes doubting it would happen. THANK YOU, LORD!
  • That starting a ministry was going to be this much of an emotional roller coaster
  • That I could have a love-hate relationship with my visionary spirit, a spirit that just wasn't content with writing Breathtaking but now is calling me to more
  • That I would have dreams in my sleep about doing administrative tasks after I spent a whole day doing so in real life
  • That my biggest weaknesses (aka administrative duties) would be turned into semi-strengths not because I want to work on them but because I have no choice!
  • That getting federal tax-exemption status is emotionally-taxing, especially for one who would rather just sit and dream up ideas instead of actually having to be the one to not only come up with the vision but also implement it, as well
  • That I would be given the opportunity to really see my crazy dreams come true, that the responsibility in doing so would be so humbling and exhilarating at the same time
  • That the Lord would choose to use me in such an awesome way for His Kingdom, and in doing so, teach me that wanting to my hidden (until the past few months) desires to just be a wife and mom and not necessarily to speak to the masses is just as God-honoring and refining as if I'm on the road 365 days a year.
  • I would have to re-learn at 22 yrs. of age that God really does love me not for what I do for Him but instead because I just love Him and long to devote my entire life to Him, that I would have to daily remind myself that my works don't save or sanctify me
  • I may really could have BOTH a family of my own and a ministry - that I don't have to pick, that God can get glory out of me doing both instead of denying how much I long to be refined in a Godly marriage, one filled with children, while also fulfilling His role for me in regards to testifying to a 'proper theology of suffering'
  • I would be blessed enough to meet the man of my dreams, the man I pray every night that I am able to call my 'husband', so that I will be the only one for the rest of his earthly life to tend to him, to fall under his headship, as he loves me as Christ loves the Church, a man that loves the calling God has on my life and compliments my gift-mix (something desperately needed as the ministry goes forward).
  • I would get to wake up every day and correspond with people across the world, letting them know it's all about Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my dreams, my hopes, and ultimately my faith.

    Lord,
    I love You, not for what You give me but just because of who You are....but in times like this, I can't help but be overwhelmed by Your awesome presence in my life. Every day comes with new challenges, new things I have no idea how to do, but You're always here with me. You never leave me. Keep drawing me closer to Yourself. Burn away the chaff, Father. Cleanse my heart, brand it with Your message for Your people, O Lord. I want to be used, as Isaiah did...take me anywhere, just promise You'll go before me. Not will my, Lord God, but Yours, Abba, be done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber, I keep thinking of
1 Corinthians 2:1,4,5 while I'm reading your post. Here is what Paul is saying to the church...
And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony[a] of God.
And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human[a] wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

I certainly see this to be the case for you. The Holy Spirit is giving you the power to share your message, and opening doors for you.
I continue to pray for you and your message of God's grace.

Blessings~ Rebecca Marshaw MN

Anonymous said...

i did watch you live on t.v. today and you were great.you touched me in many ways.
I have kidney failure,lupus,high blood pressure,siezures,and a little bit of heart problems.
i have been on dialysis since april of 2007 but before that i was on dialysis in 98 and 99 for 11 months.during that time i was really really sick i was in a coma,lost my long hair that was down to my butt,and my doctor said, why are you still living.they could not believe that i was still alive.i was in a coma for 3 to 4 days.
then i got better my kidneys came back on thier own and my lupus went into remission.Then years went by and in 2000 i met my new honey adam and in 2002 we had a baby girl she was a premiee.she made it through.nothing is wrong with her and today she is in kindergarten and is all most in the top of her class am and pm class.
i had miricles in my life.GOD did not want me to go i am a fighter.
my last siezure i had in oct. 2007 it was our daughter she was 4 and myself were at the house alone.adam was coming by to pick both of us up to go to dialysis and ashley ( daughter ) was going to ride with daddy to work for the day.well i was taking a shower and ashley was in my room on my bed coloring and talking to me.
so i got out i was getting dressed and i was drying my hair.well ashley had said something but could not hear her so i turned around to ask her what did she said and then i turned and dropped down on the floor smacked my face on the tile and my nose.and my eye.so it looked like he had hit me and that was not the case.so thats when i knew something is going on and all of a sudden my cell rang and ashley got it off the counter in the bathroom where we were at and gave it to me and it was adam.so i started to scream and telling him help me help me.and he said he will be right there soon.ashley had gotten the phone and told daddy that mommy fell down and hurt her face so he said he will be there.
and all that time ashley did not freak out or cry all she said was to me that ...( everything is going to be okay.please dont cry nomore cause daddy will be here soon.its okay im here.)) ok now a normal 4 year old would be crying and having a panic attack.well at least you would think.
well now they took my gall bladder out last month.and they still will not listen to me that i know i do have heart problems.so i went to a lung doc.and they said i have fluids around my heart.i cant breathe at night that good and it feels like someone is sitting on me.and also when i walk from the car to walmart during the winter i have to stop before i even get to the door.it really sucks.my lupus is in remission now but i still need dialysis.
my ashley is a great supporter for me.one day she wanted me to stay home and i told her if i dont go to dialysis that i will go to the hospital again.she told me i will take care of you mommy!!that was cute.
well i guess ill let you go for now and talk soon.ill pray for you.take care.and i always believe there is miricles.love ann and ashley and adam.GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS.my email is texasharleygirl32@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Dearest Amber,
I don't sleep much and saw you early this morning on that program you were so refreshing to my heart!I am a Christian and follower of Jesus Christ but have been very disappointed with the way most talk their faith but don't live it. I had a mental break down a few years back and I am not the same person I was before. I had all the right "christian" bells and whicles and talked a good game in church. Now my Prayer is more of just desiring a genuine relationship with Christ with out the show. God has used my Bi-Polar and it suffering with it reality to bring me closer to him. Thank you for your time...(sorry 4 mis-spellings)KEEP INSPIRED!!=0)

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
I saw your segment on Life Today yesterday. It brought some memories of a loved one of mine who had CF. She is with Jesus now after being on Earth 42 years. Jesus is her Lord and Savior. Her favorite life verse (which is one of mine now) was Jeremiah 29:11.
God bless you.
Michael McGuinn CA
acts82640@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber, Your in my Prayer's along with your Ministery. I hope you will keep my daughter in your Prayer's also she has had Cystic Fibrosis since she was 3 and now she is 9 she will be 10 feb 20th. her Father and Grandmother smoke around her all the time, It has me in Fear of her Life. See her Father has custody of her and everytime I tell the Doctor's about whats going on they Never do anything about it. I try to stand on God's word that says My child shall live and not die and declare the Glory of God but it's realy hard I lost a baby boy due to S.I.D.S when he was 3wks old I can't loose another one. My Email Address is dawn.whipp@yahoo.com and my daughter Aleina's is( aleina.marie@yahoo.com) Thank you.
Dawn Comp
Lewisburg Ohio