Jul 27, 2009

Update!

I know, I know. I haven't written on here in a while, like I said I was going to be doing. There are many reasons for that, so please allow me to explain. : -)

First of all, school took over my life until last Monday night, when I graduated with my Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies from Moody Bible Institute. I am very thankful that part of my life is over and that, once my diploma comes in the mail in a few weeks, I'm officially a college graduate! Hooray!

Second of all, I was busy preparing for the International Christian Retail Show that took place July 12-15th in Denver, CO. The show went very well, and I know that God is going to open doors for ministry because of it. Thank you so much to those who were praying for me before and during my trip! I definitely felt - and needed - your prayers! Please continue to pray for me, as I diligently seek the Lord's wisdom regarding employment and the direction of the ministry, now that I have graduated and look to start a new season in life. Getting a job is not as simple for me as for some (though in this economy, getting a job is not simple for anyone!), as I have many things to take into consideration, especially quality, or even availability, of health insurance. Honestly, the whole process is just not fun and can be very emotionally-taxing at times.

Finally, a lot has happened between John and I since the beginning of the summer, and I really wasn't sure how to "update" all of you at times when things were changing almost daily at one point. In any case, I still can't say a ton now, but please know that your prayers are greatly appreciated. John and I are very much a part of each others' lives and no longer on a "break", as the Lord made it pretty clear to both of us (well, to John...I've always been rather sure) from the beginning of the summer that we're to be together. We've both learned a lot this summer, though, about ourselves and our desperate need for Him individually, not just corporately. It is those lessons that have made us a stronger couple and given us confirmation that our love is from Him and Him alone, that we'll never complete each other and, above all, that we will always need the Lord more than the affection of the other. As we continue to seek His face, we covet your prayers and look forward to announcing more about our future very, very soon. : -)

Amber

No comments: