Jun 17, 2009

My Prayer

Lord,
I'm restless. You know that. Please, Father, continue to help me focus on YOU this Summer and not on how it's all going to pan out. I need you, Father! I do so well, and then through my own choices and my relentless mind, I stumble and fall....and I make things worse for myself. Lord, You know my heart. You know that ultimately I want Your will and not my own. Please help me to be an advocate of hearing Your voice, and most importantly, of listening when I hear. Jesus, thank you for loving me when I am so unlovable, when I'm off-focus and far from where You want me to be. Please guide my steps, my words....everything, Lord. I need You. I don't know what else to say tonight. Thank you for being so faithful to me, for continually showing me Your love, for helping me see that Your plans are higher than mine, as well as Your thoughts (Is. 55). Jesus, when I'm restless, when I miss John the most, please point my thoughts back to YOU. Please help me to not deny my emotions but at the same time not be ruled by them. Help me to know what is of you and what is not; Lord, discernment is what I grave...please give me wisdom and then the ability to follow through with what I know You've said. Jesus, I screw-up so much, but yet You are faithful to your wayward children, to me. Oh, how I love you Father and don' t know sometimes how You put up with me! : -)

I call You, Faithful, Lord! You have been so faithful to me....


No comments: