Apr 13, 2008

Back!

I'm back after spending a wonderful weekend at Liberty University with my friends, Leanna, Amber and Heather. Our mutual friend Jessica Baughman was kind enough to take us in! Here's a picture of all of us with Mark Hall, the lead singer of Casting Crowns. Mark is an incredibly humble man of God; that is what I admire about him and why I'm including this picture.



Me, Leanna, Mark, Jessica and Amber

While I was in Lynchburg, I was also able to catch up with my former youth pastor, John Harney, and his wife Angel. They both had a tremendous influence on me my freshman and sophomore year of high school, and it was a BLAST seeing them and their adorable children, Spencer (6) and Zach (4). I wish we had taken a picture! Ooops!

On a more important matter, I had a really refreshing time with the Lord while I was gone and feel more focused in a lot of areas in my life. Prioritizing is my #1 priority this week. I'm going to be looking at my daily schedule and seeing what needs A)eliminated B)moved to once-a-week and C)enhanced/re-focused. It may not make much sense to anyone but myself for now, but hey, that's ok! Please pray that I am open to the Lord's wisdom, as I seek HIS FACE above all else, even with the day-to-day grind. I didn't realize how much "stuff" was taking over my life until I really started analyzing what I do every day. Sure, most of it seems like very real, pressing matters, but is it? Does every email have to be answered right now? Does every phone call and voicemail have to be returned right away? I don't think so. Hitting closer to home, should checking my Facebook 3 or so times a day really be in my list of priorities? Absolutely not.

So, yeah, I'll be reading the Word, meditating upon it and praying a lot this week when it comes to how I organize my life. So many people want a piece of me right now, and there's just not enough 'Amber' to go around for everyone, I'm afraid. My Lord comes first. My family should come second, which doesn't happen often - at all. My inner circle comes third, which I put ahead of my family all too often. Of course the ministry the Lord has entrusted to me is right up there, too...but if I'm not completely in-tune with the Lord as my Lord (meaning 'Master'), I have no idea what to do or how to fulfill the calling He has placed upon my life.

I'm called first and foremost to be a daughter of the King, not just the 'Founder of Breathtaking Ministries'. If tomorrow the ministry has no partners, everyone forgets about my vision and stops praying, I'll be okay. You know why? Because I listened to the Lord 3 1/2 years ago and have been on a wild ride ever since. I know the Lord's voice. I heard my God and have been walking by faith and not by sight (2 Cor. 5:7) ever since. If you think I know what I'm doing, you're wrong. At the same time, if you think I don't know who my God is and who I am in Him, you're wrong again. I know Whose I am and I'm very sure He'll complete the work He started in me, whatever that may look like. As long as I continue to be obedient, I'm destined to do His will for His glory and His alone.

Tomorrow is web-site work. Lord-willing, that'll be done soon; it's just another thing I'd like to see crossed off of my list of 20,000 things to do. Before all that, though, I'll be spending my morning with Jesus, my best friend and One who doesn't contact me by just email or phone. He's the only One who knows my every thought, my every action past, present and future and still loves me more than I could ever imagine.

Thank you, Jesus, for setting me free. I am Yours. I am Yours.

Amber

No comments: